On the first anniversary of the martyrdom of 20 Indian soldiers in a clash with Chinese soldiers in Galvan Valley, the Congress President said that even after a year has passed, there is no clarity on the situation related to this incident. He said that the government should take the country into confidence and ensure that its actions are in line with the commitment of the soldiers of the country. Sonia recalled the sacrifice of the soldiers and claimed that India’s loss is visible from the agreement reached with China to withdraw the soldiers.
One year of the Galwan clash
The Congress President said in a statement, “On the intervening night of June 14-15, 2020, China’s clash with the PLA has completed one year. In this, 20 of our soldiers of the Bihar regiment lost their lives. Congress joins the nation in remembering the supreme sacrifice of our jawans.” According to him, it was waited patiently that the government would come forward and inform the nation about the circumstances in which this unprecedented incident took place and She will assure people that the sacrifice of our jawans will not go in vain.
India’s loss in deal with China: Sonia
Sonia said, “Now the Congress party reaffirms its concern that there is no clarity as of now and the Prime Minister’s last statement on the subject came last year that there was no infiltration.” She also said, “We have repeatedly sought details with reference to the Prime Minister’s statement and also the progress made in restoring the status quo before April, 2020. The agreement reached with China to withdraw the forces, it seems that it has been completely harmful for India so far.” Sonia said, “The Congress party urges that the government should take the country into confidence and It should be ensured that its actions are in line with the commitment of our jawans who are guarding our borders with promptness. Martyred. Later, through several reports, it was revealed that many Chinese soldiers were also killed in this clash.
[Attribution to NBT]